Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Barbara Returns from Honduras, Library Book Talk March 8

Hello faithful readers, sorry to have been out-of-touch for so long. Just returned from participating in medical brigades in Honduras. I will be posting a report on my trip later this month. Meanwhile, right after my return, I gave two talks last weekend at a Kiwanis annual meeting in Arlington, Va., including a keynote address. I've started back to my interpreting work; welcomed a new housemate, Rob, who teaches art in DC elementary schools; and next Mon., March 8, 6:30 pm, I will be giving a book talk at the main DC public library, Martin Luther King, near Gallery Place metro, if you will be in the area. While there are many nuances of opinion on the Zelaya matter in Honduras, in my experience of talking to everyone about it, including blind people, taxi drivers, salespersons, and subsistence farmers, north, south, east, and west, the consensus seems to be, whatever their party or political persuasion, "Let's give Porfirio Lobo [new president] a chance." More later.

No comments: