Thursday, February 6, 2014

Independent Bookstore Event, March 2, 2014

Hello Folks, Now on the eve of my departure for Honduras, I've been invited to give a presentation
for my new book, Confessions of Secret Latina: How I Fell Out of Love with Castro & in Love with the Cuban People, on Sunday, March 2, at 4 pm at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. I will stop there on my way home to Washington from Honduras. My plan is to invite two people profiled in the book to be present. One is Armando Hernandez, a man I brought here from Cuba via Mexico because he has a hereditary illness that was not being treated there. The other is poet-philosopher Jorge Valls, who spent 20 years in prison after testifying on behalf of a friend who was subsequently executed. So I hope that any of my blog readers who will be in the area will attend that event.

No comments: